Followers

Friday, March 11, 2011

Loving Sacrifices

Easter is always a special time for us. I don't mean in the Easter egg hunt and Cadbury Egg kind of way either. I recently spoke about my Lenten Sacrifices.  Already we are experiencing positive changes in our household. We as a couple share the same faith and practice our faith together.  The traditional purpose of Lent is the preparation of the believer — through prayer, repentance, alms giving and self-denial. I put myself on a self imposed Internet Ban while I am at home (among other things) and he gave up online gaming (also among other things). Giving something up is not supposed to be easy (which it isn't).  Not at first. But in giving things up, it brings us closer, happier, and healthier.  I am more rested since I am sleeping at a decent hour - I am now getting at least 8 hours of sleep. I get to spend time with my husband.  Even though I do not believe it is a required (except for Fridays) I am fasting during Lent (only one full meal, and two small snacks that don't add up to to a full meal).

Today I received this text from my husband: "I think I'm gonna like our TV time like last night".  I smiled and felt the same way.  We will now be able to have our "we" time on the weekdays when we would normally reserve them for the weekend.  When you are caught up in your hobbies you don't think about how much you really miss each other.

Happy weekend to you all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...