Followers

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Paycheck Woes

Guest post written by my buddy Lavern Small

I graduated college!! There were times when I never thought this day would come, but it is here and I am super excited! I found my own apartment and a real job. I feel like such an adult! I started my job last week and my first paycheck came today. However, you would think this would be an exciting moment. It wasn’t! I had no idea how much money the government takes out of your pay check. I was in shock when I opened my paycheck and it was a much different number than I expected. I quickly came to the realization that I needed to find a way to save some money and fast. I went to Shopelectricityratestexas.com and got a great rate. I decided to pack my lunch for work instead of eating out and I have decided to only drink water. When you add up all these savings, I will hopefully be within my means after what the government took. Oh well, I guess that is one of the lessons of adulthood. Well, that and register to vote ASAP!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...